Mutton Keema Pitha
Monsoons in India are always awaited as they provide a relief from the hot Indian summers. However during monsoons it’s important to keep one’s immunity strong by adopting steamed & Protein food while avoiding oily food, street food . Mutton Keema Pitha is a delicious recipe and it is traditional delicacy which is very popular in eastern part of India .Pitha has high protein and healthy low fat snacks.
-making rice dough
- Rice Flour 2 cups
- Water 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Carom seeds 1 teaspoon(optional)
– for mutton Keema stuffing
- 250gms mutton Keema
- 1 onion ( finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic ( finely chopped)
- 1 inch- Ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala- Powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tea spoon- Turmeric powder
- ½ tea spoon- Black pepper – powder
- Oil – 2 table spoon
- Pure ghee- 2 table spoon
-Making rice flour dough
- Heat the pan with water and salt .When the water starts boiling ,low the flame and add rice flour and quickly stir everything together .Cook till everything blends, it wiil take 10 minutes.Keep aside .
- When it cool down,mix with hand and make a soft dough.Cover it with damp cloth.
-STUFFING: Mutton Keema
- Take all-purpose flour in bowl and add small pinch of salt and make soft dough cover and keep aside .
- Heat the oil in heavy bottom pan.
- Saute onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Now add garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Now add mutton Keema into this and stir it till golden brown.. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until meat is fully cooked through, and liquid has evaporated.
- Now add garam masala and salt, and cook for 1 minute.
-MAKING OF PITHAS :
- Now take the dough and once again knead it and divide the dough into equal size balls.
- Now flatten the balls on palm and press it to medium size roti . Place the keema and spread it into the half part of Roti and cover with other half and seal it completely to make semi circle . To seal the edge spread little water and press by forks.
- Now steam these pithas in a greased steamer for 10 to 12 minutes .
- Cut the pithas and serve hot with garnishing with coriander leaves.
Your delicious pitha is ready and serve with your choice of chutney.
DO NOT FILL TOO MUCH STUFFING AS IT WILL BE DIFFICULT TO CLOSED