Malpua is a pancake served as a dessert,a delicacy of North India.It is deep fried in pure ghee and dipped in sugar syrup.At the time of serving topped with Rabri and Pistachios.During festivals like Holi, Id ,Dusshera it is served as special sweet dish in Bihar.
- Milk : 1 liter
- Sugar : 2 cup
- Flour(Maida) : 1 cup
- Saffron : ½ tea spoon
- Green cardamom : 1 tea spoon
- Pistachios : 15
- Baking soda : ½ tea spoon
- Boil milk and sugar (1/2 cup) in a thick bottomed pan.
- Simmer, stirring continuously till it is reduced to 1/3 of its volume
- Add ½ tea spoon green cardamom powder and chopped pistachios
SUGAR SYRUP :
Take sugar and 1 cup of water bring it to boil to make sugar syrup of two string consistency. Add saffron in the sugar syrup, keep aside.
- In the sifted flour add remaining green cardamom powder and half cup thickened milk.
- Mix well to prepare a batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat oil in a flat shallow frying pan. Put the ladle full of batter in the pan , cook on the medium heat 3-4 minutes
- Deep fry both sides till light brown.
- Remove from pan and keep ‘pua’ on tissue paper so that extra oil absorbed by paper .
- After five minutes dip in saffron flavour sugar syrup. Then remove from sugar syrup and take one table spoon of rabbi and spread over pua ready for serve.
Tip : If You deep fry Malpua in pure ghee , it tastes better.