This recipe always reminds my early age memories specially Sunday of winter seasons. Normally this dish is best with steamed rice..Dehati mutton with steamed rice is the best option for you when you want to eat or cook something really perfect. The ingredients and method is simple but time consuming..
- 500 kg mutton
- 250gms sliced Onion
- 11/2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp green Chilli chopped
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp black Pepper powder
- 1 tsp homemade garam Masala powder
- 1 sliced big sized tomato
- 1 tbsp chopped green coriander leaves.
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tbsp pure Ghee
- Whole fatal masala ( 2 black cardamom 4 green cardamom 1 cinnamon stick 2 bay leaves 2 red Chilli dried)
- 4 -5 medium size Potato
- Mustard oil for frying potato
- Heat the Mustard oil in pressure cooker and add whole spices and let it crackle.
- Now add sliced onion and fry till it become translucent.
- Now add garlic and Ginger paste and fry for 4-5 minutes then add powder masala except garam masala and cook. for few mins
- Now add mutton and fry on slow heat at least 15-20 minutes. Add sliced tomato and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Peel potato and fry in hot oil and add in mutton.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and cook for 20-25 mins depending upon how tender mutton is.
- Then add ghee and garam masala powder with chopped green coriander leaves and cook for another 5 mins
- Serve with steamed hot rice and onion rings
Add ghee at end this enhance the taste and colour of dish