Puran Singh Da Tariwala Murg
Puran Singh Da Tariwala Murgh* is very famous and delicious chicken curry We had tasted this dish at Puran Singh Da Dhaba on the Ambala-Delhi GT road. I have tried this recipe in my kitchen and taste was awesome . It was worth trying this simple recipe and I am sure you will also like it.
- Chicken 700 grams ,cut into medium size pieces
- Oil 4 tablespoon
- Onion medium chopped 4 nos
- Ginger +garlic paste 2 tablespoon
- Fresh tomato puree 1 cup
- Green chilli chopped 5 nos
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon 2 inch stick
- Green cardamom 4 nos
- Black cardamom 2 nos
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red chilli /deghi mirch powder 2 teaspoon
- Green cardamom powder
- Browned onions 1 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves(chopped) 4 tablespoon
- Ginger chopped 2 inch
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a deep bottomed pan,add cumin seeds,cinnamon,green cardamom,black cardamom and ,saute for 2 minutes then add onions and saute till light browned’.
- After that add ginger garlic paste and salt and saute till raw aroma of ginger garlic leaves.
- Now add 2 teaspoon coriander powder,red chilli,turmeric and garam masala powder ,mix well
- Add tomato puree and saute for 2 minutes ,then add chicken and browned onions and cook for five minutes
- Add green cardamom powder,green chillies and coriander leaves ,saute for five to seven minutes
- Add 2/3 cups of water,mix well.Cook for 10 to 12 minutes on medium heat or till chicken completely cooked
- Now add chopped ginger,remaining coriander powder,red chilli powder and mix well
- Take the pan off the heat,take out the chicken pieces and strain the gravy.Take the gravy into another pan and add the chicken pieces in the gravy.
- Grind the residue , add to the gravy and bring into boil.Cover the pan and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
SERVE HOT WITH ROTI OR RICE,GARNISH WITH CORIANDER LEAVES
*Note:- This recipe is inspired from celebrity chef of india Mr. Sanjeev Kapoor ‘s Yellow Chilli and Puran singh’s Dhaba