EGG DUM BIRYANI
Biryani is a special rice delicacy in india.Egg Dum Biryani is an authentic dum biryaani.It is a delicious,tasty and easy to make biryani.Its taste become amazing along with cucumber raita and salad.
- Egg : 6 nos.
- Rice : 300 gms (Basmati long grains)
- Onion (sliced) :4 nos.
- Curd : 1 cup
- Ginger + Garlic paste :2 table spoon
- Turmeric powder :1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin powder :1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder :1 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder :1/2 tea spoon
- Salt :to taste
- Garam masala powder :1/2 tea spoon
- Oil :4 table spoon
For setting Biryani:
- Onion rings :2 (open rings)
- Onion sliced :4 (fry golden brown)
- Tomato (medium sized) :3 nos.
- Ginger – Julienne :2 inch long – 2 table spoon
- Mint leaves (chopped) :6 table spoon
- Coriander powder :1 ½ table spoon
- Garam masala powder :1 ½ table spoon
- Pure Ghee :4 table spoon
- Saffron : ½ teaspoon in 1/2 cup milk (Soaked)
- Salt : to taste
- Dough :1 cup of flour
- Wash the rice and keep for half an hour without Then half cook the rice and drain water properly. Keep aside.
- Boiled the egg and peeled it . Heat the oil in Pan and shallow fry the egg and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add bay leaf and sliced onions and fry till it gets light golden.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and salute for 2-3 minutes then add powder masala, cooked till it leaves oil..
- Now add whisked Curds Salt and Mix well on slow heat. Stir continuously then add half cup of water . When boiling starts add fried egg and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with Fresh coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
For Setting Biryani:
- Take a big deep bottomed pan and spread the oil uniformly in the inner wall and at its base .
- Take some soft slice pieces of tomatoes and place it as first layer at the base of pan.
- After that place the first layer of rice in the pan.
- Place some round rings of onion over it, then tomato rings (slices), then ginger, mint leaves, salt, pure ghee, coriander powder, garam masala powder, 4 table spoon of Saffron (Kesar) milk , 2 eggs masala and crispy fried onion.
- Now put second layer of rice and cover the egg Now repeat the same layering process.
- After third layer of this, add egg at the end (in last layer) cover with rice. And put 4 table spoon saffron milk over it (so that in looks good) and crispy fried onion slices with mint leaves.
- Now cover the pan sides with and sealed the lid with dough properly, so that vapour will not come out.
- Put the pan on a preheated tava on low flame for one hour.
- Transfer rice into serving dish. Garnish with fried boiled eggs pieces and crispy onion.
Serve hot with cucumber raita.