RASBHARI JAM(MAKKO)CAPE GOOSEBEERY
Cape gooseberries,also known as Rasbhari or Makko in India.They are rich in vitamins,antioxidants and soluble fibre.They can help to boost immunity.This is my Mother in Laws recipe.She was very fond of gooseberry jam.Gooseberry are rich in pectin,so there is no need to add any artificial agent as preservative.
- Cape Gooseberries (makko) 750 grams
- Sugar 350 grams
- Orange juice 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- Clean ,wash and gently wipe the cape gooseberries with Tissue paper.
- Remove the crown part of the fruit.
- Heat the Heavy bottom pan and add the gooseberries to the pan
- When it starts boiling add sugar and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir continuously till it starts getting thick. Add Orange and Lemon juice and cook on medium heat till whole mixture become thick.
- To check it’s readiness , put little bit of jam on a plate.If it is not runny then turn off the flame and cool down .
- When it little cool down fill in the glass bottle(Clean and Dry).
Now Jam is ready. Keep in refrigerator . We can use this jam 3-4 weeks easily.