VEGETABLE STEW IN COCONUT MILK
This delicious vegetable stew cooked in a fresh coconut milk with full of fresh colorful veggies.
- Onion 1 sliced
- Carrot 1 Small (Cut into 1 1/2 inch long)
- French beans 8-10 nos( cut into 1 1/2 inch long)
- Potato 1 medium ( cut into 1 1/2 inch long)
- Cauliflower separated into florets ( 1/2 cup)
- Fresh Green peas 1/2 cup
- Green chillies – 2 nos ( slit /chopped )
- Ginger 2 teaspoon (chopped)
- Coconut Milk 1 1/2 cup (fresh)
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt- to taste
- Curry leaves- few leaves
- Cinnamon- 2 inch long, Cloves- 5 nos , Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Blanch carrot, cauliflower,beans & green peas individually in boiling water .
- Refresh in cold water immediately to retain its original color and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add whole spices, curry leaves let them splutter.
- Add the onion ginger and saute well till onion become translucent.
- Now add vegetables, salt and crushed pepper and saute for a minute.
- Add 1 cup coconut milk with water . 1/2 cup will be used later, Cover the pan and cooked till veggies are soft around 10-12 minutes.
- Now open the lid and add remaining the coconut milk and mix well.
- Let simmer for few minutes but not boil them.
Serve hot with Chapati/ Garlic bread .