THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY
This Thai Red Chicken Curry is very tasty chicken curry ,easy to make at home. It has lots of flavour This has wonderful flavour of fresh citrus zing with lime zest and basil spread incredible aroma.
- Chicken 750 grams(boneless or with bone)
- Thai curry paste (red)home made
- Garlic 6 cloves(chopped)
- Oil 3 tablespoon
- Onion 1 sliced
- Shallots 4 nos cut into halves
- Bell peppers(cut into square)1 cup
- Carrots 1/2 cup (cut into square)
- Coconut milk 200 ml
- Lime leaves 4/5 nos
- Basil leaves 4/5 nos
- Lemon zest 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Soya sauce 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
Thai Red Paste Spices – Cumin 1 tsp,coriander seeds 1 tsp,white pepper 1 tsp,garlic 5 cloves,ginger 1 inch,1 onion,red chilli dry 5 nos(soaked in water),fresh coriander roots 2 tbsp.(Dry roast cumin,coriander and pepper for two minutes ,then make a paste with all other spices for red paste)
- Boil the chicken with 1 cup of water,salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper(only 1 or 2 whistle ,keep aside
- Heat the oil in a pan ,add sliced onion and garlic and cook 2 minutes.Add the curry paste,sizzle for few minutes.Add shallots and bell peppers and saute for few seconds
- Now add boiled chicken with stock,bring it to boil,add coconut milk,lime leaves ,salt,sugar and simmer the flame for 12 to 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add soya sauce(in place of fish sauce).Add basil leaves and turn off the flame.
Serve hot with steamed rice and kimchi salad.