SOYA KATHI ROLLS
Soya kathi rolls are very tasty and healthy rolls.Soya nuggets are a very good source of protein.My son always wanted to eat rolls from market.But i tried to make it at home and he liked it very much.I am sure everyone from kids to grown up will like it.Soya kathi rolls are the perfect weekend snacks.
- Whole wheat flour chapatis 4
- Soya granules 1 cup
- Onion 1 (sliced)
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves 2 tablespoon
- Thick curd 4 tablespoon
VEGETABLES FOR FILLING
- Onion sliced 1/2 cup
- Carrot 1 cup (cut in julienne)
- Bell peppers 1 cup(cut in julienne)
- Spring onion 1 cup (thinly sliced)
- Cabbage 1 cup (thinly sliced)
- Green chillies 2 tablespoon (chopped)
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Tomato and chilli sauce
- Salt to taste
- Boil water in a pan,add soya granules ,salt and boil for 5/6 minutes.Rinse soya granules in cold water two times and squeeze excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add onions and saute till it becomes soft.Then add ginger +garlic paste and saute till raw aroma goes away.
- Now add all the powdered masalas and mix well.
- Then add soya granules and cook for 5 minutes.Then add thick curd ,salt and garam masala and mix well.
SAUTEED VEGETABLES FOR FILLINGS
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan ,add half onion and carrots and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add bell peppers,cabbage,salt and pepper powder and cook 3/4 minutes.Turn of the flame and keep aside.
PREPARATION OF KATHI ROLL
- Heat the griddle ,drizzle some oil and toast the chapatis till light golden.
- Now keep the toasted chapatis on the work top.Place some soya granules mixture ,then sauteed vegetables ,remaining sliced onion,green chillies,1 tablespoon tomato sauce,1/2 tablespoon chilli sauce,salt,pepper powder and sprinkle lemon juice.
- Then roll the chapati and serve hot with any sauce /chutney.