Dal Sagpaita is a very famous dish of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.Dal Sagpaita has many variations.We can use different dal and green leaves in this dish. I have used Masoor dal with green gram leaves(chane ki saag)to make this dish tasty.We can enjoy this Dal Sagpaita with hot steamed rice.
- Masoor dhuli (red lentil) 1 cup
- Green gram leaves(chane ki saag) 250 gms
- Onion 1 chopped
- Desi ghee 2 tablespoon
- Dry red chillies 2
- Garlic chopped 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Take soft part of chane ki saag,wash and chopped.
- Wash moong dal and add in a pressure cooker ,turmeric powder,salt and 2 cups of water.
- Now cook it for 2 whistle on high and 3-4 minute on medium heat.
- Heat ghee in a small pan,add cumin seeds, garlic and asafoetida
- Now add onion and fry till it becomes light golden.Then add dry red chillies.pour this tadka over dal and mix well.You can add some water if dal is too thick and give one boil.
Sagpaita is ready to serve.It goes well with steamed rice.