QUINOA DAL PANIYARAM
Quinoa, a superfood becoming very famous these days.Quinoa is a grain like seeds is very versatile.It is a high in protein and fiber,gluten free ,whole grain with a nutty flavour.It is a quick cooking whole grain.Quinoa Dal Paniyaram is very a perfect wholesome breakfast or snack.
- Quinoa 2 cups
- Split bengal gram 1 cup
- Pigeon pea 1 cup
- Split green gram 1 cup
- Split black gram 1 cup
- Onion chopped 1 medium
- Carrot grated 1 medium
- Green chillies chopped 2
- Coriander leaves 1 tablespoon
- Curd 2 cups
- ENO 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Step 1 _ Give a good rinse to Quinoa before cooking otherwise the grains become bitter.
- Step 2 _ Now combine all the dals and lightly roast them in a dry pan .Allow to cool and grind them in a fine powder.
- Step 3 _ In a bowl take dal powder , add curd ,salt and water if required and mix well.Leave for 1/2 an hour.
- Step 4 _ At the time of making Paniyaram add onion, carrot,green chillies,coriander leaves and ENO to the Quinoa Dal batter and mix well.Leave for 5 minutes.Batter must be of medium consistency not very thick or thin.
- Step 5 Heat the Paniyaram pan ,pour 2 drops of oil ,ad the spoonful of the batter till 3/4 of the mould ,cook the Paniyaram till they become golden brown from both sides (on low heat).
Serve hot with Mango+mint+garlic and Raw banana peel chutney.