There are so many Traditional Mutton recipes in India like Awadhi, Hyderabadi, Kashmiri, Rajasthani etc. But Mutton kalia is one of the famous recipe, can be prepared easily and its tastes is amazing. I have made some changes to make this dish more nutritious and tasty by adding egg and potatoes. Enjoy this tasty and spicy mutton recipe
- Mutton 1/2 kg
- Potato 3nos(medium size)
- Egg 4 boiled
- Onion 250 grams ( sliced)
- Tomato 1 sliced
- Ginger+Garlic paste 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder 2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole Garam Masala (1 big cardamom,
- 1 inch mace,1 inch cinnamon,2 bay leaves,
- 2 dry red chillies)N
- 6 cloves,1/2 teaspoon peppercorn
- Salt to taste
- Water 1 cup
- Mustard oil 4 tablespoon
- Curd 3 tablespoon
- Pure ghee 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves
- Wash the mutton ,in a bowl take mutton ,curd ,turmeric powder,1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste,1/2 teaspoon red chili powder,1 sliced onion,1 tablespoon mustard oil.Mix all the ingredients and leave it for one our.
- Now heat the mustard oil in a pressure cooker,add whole garam masala,bay leaf,dry red chillies,when begin to splutter add sliced onion add, ginger garlic paste and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Now add marinated mutton and cook till water evaporates (15 to 20 minutes)
- Then add all the powdered masalas.After 5 minutes add sliced tomato , salt and stir till oil separates from masalas
- In the meantime,boil the eggs and cut the potatoes into halves.Fry the eggs light golden and keep aside.Also fry potatoes.
- When oil separates from masala ,add pure ghee,garam masala powder and fried potatoes..and close the cooker.When one whistle come turn the flame on low for 10 minutes , then switch off the flame.
- Garnish with fried egg and fresh coriander leaves.
SERVE HOT WITH STEAMED RICE OR PLAIN PARATHA.
TIPS : Mixx raw papaya to mutton which makes mutton cook easily