Thukpa is noodle soup prepared with Vegetables or chicken . It is a healthy and nutritious soup.There are various version of making Thukpa soup but I tried Sikkim’s speciality Thukpa with Momos. Many times me and my family tried this Thukpa with Momos .This is a wholesome soup and when we combined Thukpa with Momos its tastes turned out to be awesome.Try this soup which is very delicious and perfect for cold day.
INGREDIENTS : FOR THUKPA
- Rice noodles/buck wheat/regular noodles 100 grams
- Carrot 1 cup (cut lengthwise)
- Capsicum ( red,green,yellow) 1 cup(cut lengthwise)
- Cabbage 1 cup (cut lengthwise)
- Spring onion 1 cup (chopped)
- Onion 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Ginger 1 inch (chopped)
- Green chillies 2 (chopped)
- Pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander (chopped)2 tablespoon
- Chicken stock /plain water 4 cups
- Salt to taste
- Spinach 50 gms
- Oil 2 teaspoon
METHOD :MAKING THUKPA
- Boil water in a pan ,add noodles and cook for 2 minutes.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan , add green chillies,ginger and onion ,stir for 1 minute.Then add carrot , capsicum and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add cabbage , green part of spring onion ,pepper powder,salt and chicken/vegetable stock or water and simmer for 5 minutes,and turn off the flame.
- To serve, first place noodles in a bowl , then add ladle full of hot soup with vegetables into it and topped with momos and fresh coriander leaves
METHOD: MAKING MOMOS – Chicken /Vegetable
- INGREDIENTS AND MAKING DOUGH– Multi purpose flour 250 grams,1/2 teaspoon salt,warm water.Mix flour with salt and knead a dough with warm water.Cover the dough with damp cloth and leave for 30 minutes.
- INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN MOMOS FILLING -Minced chicken 250 grams,Onion chopped 100 grams,Ginger chopped 2 inch,Black pepper powder 2 tablespoon,Melted butter 2 tablespoon,Green chillies 2 chopped,Fresh coriander leaves 2 tablespoon,Spring onion 2 chopped (optional),Salt to taste
- METHOD FOR CHICKEN MOMOS -In a bowl combine all the ingredients of chicken momos filling and mix well with hands ,so that mixture become soft and smooth.Keep it in fridge
- INGREDIENTS : FOR VEGETABLE MOMOS FILLING -Onion 1/2 cup ,Cabbage 1 cup,Capsicum 1 cup,French beans 1/4 cup(finely chopped),Ginger 1 tablespoon (chopped),Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon ,Salt to taste,sesame oil 1 tablespoon,cornflour 2 tablespoon
- METHOD FOR VEGETABLE MOMOS ; Heat oil in the pan and saute all the vegetales for 5 minutes and turn off the flame.Now add salt , pepper powder and cornflour in the sauted veggies and veg momos filling is ready.
- STUFFING AND STEAMING OF MOMOS-Make equal small portion of dough.Roll out dough into 4/5 inch diameter circles.In each piece place 1 tablespoon minced chicken filling ,wet the edges with water ,twist in desired shape and seal it.Then steam the Momos for 12 to 15 minutes in a steamer.
SERVE HOT THUKPA SOUP WITH MOMOS AND TOMATO GARLIC CHUTNEY
NOTE :You can add minced chicken balls in place of momos.For that mix one egg in the minced chicken and mix well.Make small balls of chicken and put into the pan of boiling soup and cover the lid for 10 minutes. This is even better from Health point of view because in this we have not used refined flour. But when we are taking out the chicken Ball from Soup then we have to take special care.
ENJOY HOT SOUP IN THE COLD WEATHER