METHI MALAI MATAR PANEER
Methi(fenugreek)is very nutritious winter vegetable.It has lots of health benefits.Although its taste is little bitter but when we mix it other food or veggies or with flour to make parathas it’s taste become too good. Methi malai matar paneer made with fresh methi leaves.
- Paneer(home made) 250 gms cut into cubes
- Methi leaves (chopped)2 cups
- Onion (finely chopped) 2 medium
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Cashew nut paste 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream/4 cup
- Green chillies chopped 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Bay leaf 1
- Water 1 cup or as required
- Wash & chopped methi leaves
- Boil peas or you can take frozen also
- Heat the oil in a pan.Add cumin seeds.When it starts crackling ,add chopped onion &saute till it become translucent.
- Then add ginger garlic paste & continue to cook with onion till light golden brown.
- Now add coriander,cumin powder,green chillies & chopped methi leaves.Cook on low heat till methi becomes soft.
- Add cashew paste,sugar,salt & mix well.
- Then add boiled peas ,& cook for 2/3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water & bring it to boil.
- Add paneer cubes, fresh cream & garam masala powder.Cook 3/4 minutes more on low heat & turn off the flame.
SERVE HOT WITH ROTI,NAN OR LACHHA PARATHA