Lavang Latika , tasty,rich and full of Indian spices aroma, is one of famous sweets of Bengal and Bihar . This sweet is normally prepared after Durga Puja . There are many other similar stuffed delicacies but in Laung Lata stand apart from the others because of aroma of clove .Enjoy this Diwali with this sweet delicacy.
- Multipurpose flour 2 cups
- Pure Ghee 1/2 cup
- Khoya 250 grams
- Cashewnuts 5 pc
- Badam 5 pcs
- Walnuts 5 pcs
- Pistachios 5 pcs
- Cloves 25 pcs
- Green cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
- Sugar powder 2 tablespoon
- Oil for frying
For stuffing Material
- Heat the 1 teaspoon ghee in a pan,add khoya on low heat till light pink ,let it be cool.
- Now add chopped dry fruits( Cashewnut, Walnut,Almond),sugar powder and cardamom powder in the khoya and mix well.
- Take flour in a bowl,add ghee and mix well with palm.Add lukewarm water and knead a little hard dough.Cover the dough and leave the dough for half an hour.
- Divide the dough into equal portion and roll out one portion of dough like poori.
- Place 1 teaspoon of stuffing material into the center of the poori.Apply some water in the sides of the poori and fold two sides overlapping each other.Apply some water in the other sides of poori and fold this side also overlapping each other.And in the center insert one clove in the lavang latika.
- Heat the oil/ghee in a deep pan.Deep fry the Lavang Latika on slow flame till they become golden from all sides.Drain on absorbent paper.
- In a pan add sugar and 1 glass of water .When it starts boiling for 2 minutes add remaining cardamom powder and let it boil for another couple of minutes till (1 tar chashni )formed.
- Now turned off the flame ,add Laung Latika in the chashni and mix gently and allow it to soak the chashni for 15 to 20 minutes.
Dip the lavang latika in hot syrup or chasni , Drain and garnish with Pistachios before serve .