Kulfi is very popular dessert, specially in summer.When we make the combo of Kulfi with Falooda it turn out to be awesome.Beat the heat with this special home made Kulfi Falooda.
INGREDIENTS : FOR KULFI
- Full cream milk 1 ltr.
- Fresh cream 1 cup
- Cornflour 3 tablespoon
- Pistachio paste 2 tablespoon(12 to 15 soaked in milk)
- Sugar 8 tablespoon
- Green cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
- Saffron 1/2 teaspoon
- Pistachios(chopped) 1 teaspoon
INGREDIENTS FOR FALOODA
- Cornflour 1 cup
- Water 3 cups
- Sugar syrup 1/2 cup
- Rose water 1/2 teaspoon
METHOD : KULFI
- Mix saffron in warm milk and keep aside
- Also mix the cornflour in the 1/2 cup of milk,mix well and keep aside
- Boil the milk in the heavy bottomed pan and reduced it to 1/3 of its original quantity
- Then add sugar,saffron milk and cornflour slurry ,till sugar dissolves and milk thickened. Cool it completely
- Now add pistachio paste and cardamom powder and mix well
- Now take 1/3 of thickened milk ,churn in mixer or with hand blender.after that add 1/3 cream to it and again churn very well
- In the same way,churn the left two parts of thickened milk and cream
- Now pour the mixture in the kulfi mould and freeze for 7/8 hours.
METHOD : FALOODA
- Take the cornflour and water and mix it well till it become smooth batter
- Cook on medium or low flame till it become transparent or thick
- (if you want coloured falooda then add Food colour of your choice before cooking)
- Place the hot mixture in the sev/noddle maker. Before filling we have to fit the jalie(Nozzle) of medium size hole.
- Take cold water and ice pieces in a bowl and press the sev maker directly in the water and leave for 10 to 15 minutes. The quantity of water is sufficient to dip falooda.
- Strain falooda and dip into the cold sugar syrup & rose water
- In a plate arrange the kulfi /Kulfi pieces evenly over falooda and garnish with chopped pistachios and SERVE IMMEDIATELY