CRISPY JACKFRUIT POPS
Jackfruit is unique delicious fruit rich in energy, dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins and free from saturated fats or cholesterol; fitting it into one of the healthy treats to relish!The jackfruit tree is a widely cultivated and popular food item throughout the tropical regions of the world.
- Jackfruit (small to medium size) 250 grams
- Refined flour 4 tablespoon
- Rice flour 4 tablespoon
- Corn flour 2 tablespoon
- Dried mixed herbs 2 teaspoon
- Parmesan cheese 2 tablespoon
- Onion powder 1 tablespoon
- Garlic powder 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Cut the Jackfruit in cubes , half boil it in salted water,drain and keep aside.
- In a bowl ,take refined flour,rice flour,dried mixed herbs,black pepper,onion,garlic,red chilli, black pepper powder,cheese and salt.Mix well.
- In another bowl mix cornflour with little salt and water.
- Now add Jackfruit cubes in the flour mixture and strain
- Then add Jackfruit cubes in the cornflour batter.
- Again put the Jackfruit cubes in the flour mixture,mix it well and deep fry the the Jackfruit cubes, till golden brown and crispy.
SERVE HOT WITH HUNG CURD DIP OR TOMATO SAUCE
NOTE ;While boiling add few drops of oil in the water so that Jackfruit could not stick to each other .