COXINHA- Brazilian Chicken Croquettese
Coxinha is a famous Brazilian street food . Weekend Special
- Chicken breast 150 gms
- Boiled potatoes 4 medium(mashed)
- Onion 2 medium (chopped)
- Garlic 2 tablespoon (chopped)
- Butter 2 tablespoon
- Olive oil 2 tablespoon
- Black pepper 1,1/2 teaspoon
- Paprika 1 teaspoon
- Cream cheese 1 cup
- Bread crumbs 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Parsley/Fresh corinder
- Egg 1
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl take mashed potatoes,maida , salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder,add melted butter and knead a soft dough.
- Boil the chicken with salt and pepper powder.
- Now heat the olive oil in a pan,add garlic and onion,saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add boiled chicken pieces,salt,paprika and black pepper powder and cook for few minutes.
- Then add chicken broth and cook till it become dry.
- When chicken become cool down ,grind it.Then mix 1/2 cup cream cheese and parsely
- Now divide the dough into equal parts.Roll it into a small round and fill with 1 tablespoon chicken paste,Cover it and give the solid conical shape.
- Now dip in the beaten egg and then roll out in the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry Coxinha in the medium heat till golden brown.Drain out in the absorbent paper.
SERVE HOT WITH CREAM CHEESE DIP.